What keeps consumers from clicking through to content? They want to get into the content, and are willing to do so if they don’t have to wait so long to process their payment beforehand. By removing the customer’s purchase from the beginning of the reading process, readers are willing to pay for more later. Put another way, making it easier for readers to buy content drives revenue.
- The challenges publishers face in the digital age haven’t gone away.
- What keeps consumers from clicking through to content – money, or some other obstacle?
- Readers are more likely to hang around and absorb more content if they don’t have to pay until later.
- Out of necessity, we created a conversion funnel for readers to move up and down, from individual digital purchases up to subscriptions.
- There’s a huge difference between making the buying part of the business easier, versus the payment part – it’s the buying part of the business that’s unexplored and underdeveloped.